Prince Manufacturing Corporation had its beginnings in a small machine shop in Sioux City, Iowa in 1941. The company, then known as Prince Hydraulics, was started by John Prince and was later incorporated by his son, Richard, in September, 1950 with a contract for 100 simple, single-acting hydraulic cylinders. Through the years, Prince has grown far beyond those initial cylinders through on-going investments in our capabilities, product designs and our people.
Prince began in a small machine shop in Sioux City, Iowa. Prince was started by John Prince with co-founders Arthur Gall, and F. John Roost.
Prince moved into a new metal building and by 1965 had 107 employees
A new plant was built in Walthill, Nebraska. The plant was located on the Omaha Indian Reservation. They made agricultural tie-rod type cylinders
A new 100,000 sq ft manufacturing and 9,000 corporate office was built in Sioux City, Iowa
A new 40,000 sq ft facility in Hartington, Nebraska. By 1979 the plant was doubled in size to 80,000 sq ft.
A building was purchased in South Sioux City, Nebraska to act as a centralized warehouse as well as house our new research and development laboratory
In 1988 the Walthill, Nebraska operation was relocated to a new 44,000 sq ft facility in North Sioux City, South Dakota
A building was built in Brookings, South Dakota for the expansion of big bore cylinders
To accommodate the ever increasing demand for small bore cylinders a new facility was opened in Yankton, South Dakota. This year the corporate office was also moved from Sioux City to the North Sioux City property and a new corporate building was built