Prince maintains a 6,000 sq foot building where employees qualify and test hydraulic components for both internal use as well as customer test requirements. Click below for more details.
Prince provides support to the company in the development and testing of hydraulic cylinders, valves, and pumps. Several different hydraulic power units provide the capability to test these products as well as specific components and even complete systems.
The R & D Lab has the capability to perform a variety of cylinder tests. Specialized fixtures and power units allow cylinders to be cycled under "loaded conditions". A programmable logic controller can be used to automate the testing and a PC based data acquisition system used to monitor test parameters such as Pressure, Flow and Temperature.
- Piston Drift/Rod Creep Test
- Internal and External Leakage Test
- Piston and Rod Seal Evaluation Tests
- Cylinder Proof and Burst Test (up to 15,000 PSI)
- Endurance/Fatigue Test (Full stroke and Midstroke or fixed rod test)
- Rod Buckling Test
- Tests can be configured for evaluation of hydraulic cylinders with built-in valves, restrictors, bypasses and cushions.
R & D capabilities include a multi-functional valve test stand to perform various types of testing on hydraulic valves. Test stand features include: 100 Hp double shafted motor with 2 pumps. 1-42 gpm variable displacement piston pump (5000 PSI) and 1 fixed displacement gear pump (3000 PSI). Instrumentation includes a PC based data acquisition system to monitor test parameters such as Pressure, Flow and Temperature.
Typical valve tests include the following:
- Pressure vs. Flow characteristics
- Metering Characteristics
- Internal Leakage Characteristics
- Pressure Regulation Characteristics
- Proof Pressure Test
- Valve Endurance/Durability Test
R & D capabilities include a 100 Hp variable speed drive pump test stand with a PC based instrumentation system to monitor Pressure, Flow, Torque, Temperature, Horsepower, RPM and Pump Efficiency.
Typical pump test include the following:
- Steady-State Efficiency Tests
- Constant Pressure Endurance Tests
- Cyclic Endurance Tests
- Low-Speed/High-Speed Performance Tests
- Pump Noise
Salt fog chamber:
R & D lab has capability to perform both ASTM B 368 CASS Tests (Copper-Accelerated Acetic Acid-Salt Spray (Fog) and ASTM B 117 salt fog testing . The salt fog chambers are used to evaluate the corrosive performance of our chrome plated piston rods.