The Prince Foundation
Prince Manufacturing Corporation had its beginnings in a small machine shop on Water Street in Sioux City, Iowa in 1941. The company, then known as Prince Hydraulics, was started by John Prince. His son, Richard, incorporated the business in September 1950 with a contract for 100 simple, single-acting hydraulic cylinders. John became the first president, and co-founders Arthur C. Gall, and F. John Roost became Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer, respectively. In its infancy, the company made welded style cylinders primarily for the agricultural market as well as truck and trailer..